2.14.2006

MY THIRD STATE!!


Whooo! I'm into Nevada! Here's where I am, but other than showing you, I can't tell you where I am. There are no nearby towns or landmarks. The roads I'm taking aren't in the atlasn nor are they numbered on the map at G-Maps, and they don't even show up unless you zoom in close. I crossed a bridge over Middle Alkali Lake in northeastern CA just before the CA/NV state line, but could find nothing about it on the internet other than at some sites about water quality, which I suspect isn't great, given the name of the lake. So I'm just following my nose without any particular plan, just heading generally east-southeast, and eventually I'll have to come to something!

My mileage is now 416.2 miles, not bad for just 6 weeks, considering that up until 2 weeks ago I wasn't riding much. I've gone nearly 300 miles in the last 2 weeks. I never in my wildest dreams anticipated doing this kind of mileage at this time of year!