2.04.2006

NEW ROUTE PLANS

Instead of going back up north from Crater Lake to the main road directly east, I'm going to keep heading south into California. I'll have to turn south eventually and I've already been through the northern states east of Oregon. I've decided to head for, guess where, Panama City Beach (why not? That's where I'm running to, as well...) According to Geobytes Distance Calculator it would be 2284 miles as the crow flies. It will be farther by road. So out of Crater Lake National Park, I'm taking Rte. 62, then turning onto 39, which becomes 139 after the CA state line. This road goes past Lava Beds National Park and through Modoc National Forest, where there are lots of outdoor-activity choices between biking days. Hiking, and running on the rail-trails, are the most likely for me.