4.07.2006

ELLIE IS ON THE MAP :-)




YEAR'S TOTALS AND FANTASY PROGRESS
From my log at CoolRunning.com:

Running 137.4 miles Time: 21h 21m 57s Avg. Pace: 10:29/mile
Cycling 689.5 miles Time: 1 day, 7m 45s Avg. Pace: 4:36/mile
Swimming 5.1 miles Time: 4h 56m 46s Avg. Pace: 51:50/mile
Hiking 26.5 miles Time: 3h 00m 00s Avg. Pace: 32:44/mile
Walking 4.4 miles Time: 40m 00s

This is equivalent to a double-Ironman, plus 3.2 additional marathons, 465.5 additional bike miles, and 0.3 more swim miles.

On my bike trip, I'm halfway across Nevada, having started on the Oregon Coast. Taking State Route 50 East for now. I've just stopped at Austin (I didn't know there was an Austin in Nevada), a historical old-west town. Only a stay-indoors person would say there's nothing to do here.

I may actually run to Panama City Beach by November 4, but I doubt I'll make it on the bike. Unless I do a whole lot more biking than my coach maps out for me....

For my Run-to-Florida, I've included both running and hiking in my total distance. I'm getting very close to the WV/VA state line on Interstate Route 219, in the southern part of both states.

It's kind of hard running from Maryland to Florida at the same time I'm biking from Oregon to Florida... maybe that's why I haven't been blogging it here -- too much time in airports and on the plane hopping back and forth from my run to my bike trip :-)

OK, now I have updated... I'll try to keep up now!